With the Hurricanes' 2018 season over, it's time to look at next year's squad. Who will stay, who will go and who will or should join the team in 2019?
- Below, I've started with the 2018 Hurricanes squad that was named on 1 Nov 2017;
- In italics, I have added the players that also played for the Hurricanes in 2018, despite not being named in the initial squad;
- Between brackets are the number of games played this season (stats: Fox Sports);
- In bold are the players of which I know for sure that they are signed through to next season (obviously, this list may/will not be complete because the duration of contracts isn't always published. Some signings aren't even published);
- Strikethrough: players, who are known to be leaving.
Some of the questions now are:
- In which positions do the Hurricanes need to recruit more players.
- Who of the players of the initial 2018 squad would you like to see signed for 2019 (or longer)?
- Who of the players that played in 2018, but weren't in the initial squad, would you like to see signed for 2019 (or longer)?
- Which other player, who hasn't played for the Hurricanes in 2018, would be on your wish list?
- Which player, who hasn't been signed yet, but played for the Hurricanes in 2018, don't you want to be signed?
Goodes - retired
Smith (T) (13)
Aumua (A) (4)
Fatialofa (16) to Worcester Warriors
(Cridge not in squad due to injury, but under contract)
Savea (A) (10)
Shields (17) to Wasps
Thomson (12) to Scarlets
Barrett (B) (16)
West (14) to La Rochelle
^signed for 2019: Marshall (J)
Barrett (J) (16)
Savea (J) (17) to Toulon
Umaga-Jensen (P) (1)