The Crusaders won their 9th Super Rugby title in quite a convincing fashion in 2018. The question is, how settled is their squad for next season? For which positions do they need to hire (or to fire) players to stay on top in 2019?
- Below, I've started with the 2018 Crusaders squad that was named on 1 Nov 2017;
- In italics, I have added the players that also played for the Crusaders in 2018, despite not being named in the initial squad;
- Between brackets are the number of games played this season (stats: Fox Sports);
- In bold are the players of which I know for sure that they are signed through to next season (obviously, this list may/will not be complete because the duration of contracts isn't always published. Some signings aren't published at all);
- Strikethrough: players, who are known to be leaving.
Some of the questions now are:
- In which positions do the Crusaders need to recruit more players.
- Who of the players of the initial 2018 squad would you like to see signed for 2019 (or longer)?
- Who of the players that played in 2018, but weren't in the initial squad, would you like to see signed for 2019 (or longer)?
- Which other player, who hasn't played for the Crusaders in 2018, would be on your wish list?
- Which player, who hasn't been signed yet, but played for the Crusaders in 2018, don't you want to be signed?
Crockett (15) retired from Super Rugby
Brighouse (D) (5)
Allan (H) (2)
Barrett (S) (17)
Samu (14) to Brumbies
^signed for 2019: Whetu Douglas
(Enari not in squad due to injury, but under contract)
Delany (5) - retired
Bateman (6) - playing in Japan in the off-season; plans to return unknown
Tamanivalu (17) to Bordeaux
Fainga'anuku (T) (1)