2016 TSF Team of the Year

• @mariner4life said in 2016 TSF Team of the Year:

I don't know why we run this. It's going to be a bunch of All Blacks, some Irishmen because they beat us (only if we can't find a stand out AB), and a token English player because they won a bunch.

Go forth, young padawan

• @MajorRage said in 2016 TSF Team of the Year:

@mariner4life said in 2016 TSF Team of the Year:

I don't know why we run this. It's going to be a bunch of All Blacks, some Irishmen because they beat us (only if we can't find a stand out AB), and a token English player because they won a bunch.

Go forth, young padawan

alt text

• @mariner4life cos we can?

Plus it'll give the Irish posters something to moan about when they don't get 15 in the starting 15 :)

Kind of coz I enjoy it. And I do like to see who everyone thinks is the best.

And we're the best judges of who is good and who is not :)

FYI. kind of sad but did you know that not a single Saffa has been nominated (unless they're playing for Ireland ... or Scotland ... )

• For some reason I can't convert the original threads to polls ... will have to create new ones.

May see if I can consolidate them after that.

Got to this a bit later than I intended. Will keep polls open for 10 days or a couple of weeks or so.

Feel free to vote when set up.

Cheers

• OK - have eventually put up the polls. Vote away if and as interested.

• I wonder if the Canterbury voting block will see Crotty selected at 12 and 13?

@MajorRage said in 2016 TSF Team of the Year:

Go forth, young padawan

alt text

Gratuitous upvote for Star Wars reference right there.

• OK Folks.

I suspect we can all see the results of the polls as I'm not being bombarded to publish the results.

Am not going to go with a full on "press release" this year - as I'm not feeling particularly creative. Teams is as below.

Am a little surprised with some of the selections and there is plenty of fodder for the NZ haters and cultural cringers to whinge about NZers being selected.

Anyway - the 2016 TSF ToTY, consisting 11 All Blacks, 11 Oirish, 1 Argie and coached by a England-resident Japanese-Australian, is:

No. Surname First Name Country % of vote Comment
    1 McGRATH Jack IRE 67%
    2 COLES Dane NZL 90%
    3 FRANKS Owen NZL 61%
    4 RETALLICK Brodie NZL 72%
    5 WHITELOCK Samuel NZL 88%
    6 KAINO Jerome NZL 58%
    7 CANE Sam NZL 30%
    8 ISA Facundo ARG 60%
    9 SMITH Aaron NZL 42%
    10 BARRETT Beauden NZL 100% (unopposed)
    12 HENSHAW Robbie IRE 40%
    13 LIENERT-BROWN Anton NZL 42%
    11 ZEBO Simon IRE 47%
    14 DAGG Israel NZL 79%
    15 SMITH Ben NZL 100% (unopposed)
    coach JONES Eddie ENG 58%

• Crikey there's a shitload of countries not represented there.

• Of most interest to me was the Bokke not getting even one nomination.

• @booboo said in 2016 TSF Team of the Year:

Of most interest to me was the Bokke not getting even one nomination.

Being shit has that effect

• Clearly the Irish voting block was more powerful than the Cantab voting block at 12 .... Even I voted for Crotty and it didn't help.

• Of more note than no SA players is the lack of any English players bar the coach. Eddie must be some coach to get a bunch of nobodies going through an entire season unbeaten...

• @Nepia said in 2016 TSF Team of the Year:

Clearly the Irish voting block was more powerful than the Cantab voting block at 12 .... Even I voted for Crotty and it didn't help.

Shit I thought you'd nominate Ian Macrae for the 12 spot. Wasn't he the last Hawkes Bay bred AB midfielder?

• @No-Quarter are you surprised? This is the Fern, how many England games did everyone watch? The 4 against the Wallabies?

@No-Quarter are you surprised? This is the Fern, how many England games did everyone watch? The 4 against the Wallabies?

Having paid little attention to the voting here which Poms were in with a shot? Vunipola at number 8? Farrell? Their fullback has had his moments too but he's no '100% Ben Smith'

• @MN5 Grrr ... Bruce Robertson.

• @MN5 said in 2016 TSF Team of the Year:

@No-Quarter are you surprised? This is the Fern, how many England games did everyone watch? The 4 against the Wallabies?

Having paid little attention to the voting here which Poms were in with a shot? Vunipola at number 8? Farrell? Their fullback has had his moments too but he's no '100% Ben Smith'

I really don't know how Itoje missed out. Second best player in the world last year.

• @hydro11 said in 2016 TSF Team of the Year:

@MN5 said in 2016 TSF Team of the Year:

I really don't know how Itoje missed out. Second best player in the world last year.

He looked pretty impressive from what I've seen. Etzebeth probably suffered by being in such a shithouse Bok team.

Looks like your connection to 2016 TSF Team of the Year was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.