US Politics

• This post is deleted!

• @gollum said in US Politics:

@Catogrande

I guess to be fair I left the country & went on holiday for 2 weeks 2 days after Trump won...

Jeez Gollum, that's a bit of an extreme reaction. What'll you do if something happens in the country where you actually live? :wink:

• Hell really is freezing over! A decent opinion article on stuff!

• This post is deleted!

• An American economist/writer noting the similarities between Trump and Muldoon

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-02-13/feisty-protectionist-populism-new-zealand-tried-that

• This post is deleted!

• The guy that inexplicably stops posting for nearly a month after the election notes that a poster he doesn't agree with hasn't commented in 24 hours. That is absolutely superb.

@Baron-Silas-Greenback said in US Politics:

Good article, but incredible that this isn't blindingly obvious to the majority of people that physical violence is not OK under any circumstances.

Another thing that has irked me in the last few years is the large number of protests that are completely over-simplifying issues to the point that the protest is completely meaningless. And then when reporters show up to ask questions about what these people are protesting (I.E. giving them exactly the platform they should want to get their point across) they either have no idea what they are protesting, or just shout meaningless chants.

The anti-TPPA protests were a great example of that. Very complex trade agreement that people protested against, but when push came to shove basically nobody protesting could articulate what they were opposed too.

Another I saw recently was a bunch of people marching against the increased prison population in NZ (hitting 10,000). One of the signs read "Down With This Sort of Thing" which probably summed up their understanding of the issue.

And we are seeing the same thing in the States post the election. The woman's march was a protest against... what exactly? All the footage I've seen nobody there could articulate exactly what the march was against, and a lot of them were contradicting each other. I've seen reporters attending various other protests to ask what they are protesting against and get shouted down with retarded chants like "Nazi Racist KKK, Trump Supporters Go Away" - which doesn't make any sense at all.

Protests can be a powerful tool if it is clear what they want changed (E.G. woman's right to vote), but when they are just pushing a particular political agenda they become utterly meaningless and end up creating a fair amount of conflict.

• This post is deleted!

• Just a reminder folks. This thread was shut down because it got too heated.

As I understand it we are conducting "extreme vetting" on posts. Don't take it personally.

• This post is deleted!

• @booboo said in US Politics:

Just a reminder folks. This thread was shut down because it got too heated.

As I understand it we are conducting "extreme vetting" on posts. Don't take it personally.

Rancid. I deleted your post. Not because I disagreed with it (I actually liked it) , but because we want to avoid avoid this thread turning into a thread about posters again.
    I would have also deleted the posts that prompted your reply as well (@Gollum , @Catogrande ).. but the thread has moved on.

And I can assure you that many posters posts are getting removed.. you just dont see them :)

• @Crucial said in US Politics:

I've decided that the whole Trump ride is great entertainment. It could get to be a bit of a scary ride at times.

Mate its not an adventure unless you get a little bit scared occasionally :)

• @gollum
    "Also, I'm almost missing Frank & co, this thread has got very quiet of late."

I'm still here bro' I don't run away when things don't go my way :grinning:

• On Flynn, I suspect there is more to it than he fibbed to Pence once.
    Trump usually doesn't bend to press pressure(or anyone for that matter)

• Correlation, causality... or stuff that was just going on anyway?

• Intel community trying to undermine Trump's presidency?
    Former Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) (calls out Pizzagate at the end - ha ha )

• @Frank It is actually terrible that the US spy agencies wire tapped a U.S. citizen, with no legal basis, and then released to the media. That is horrific. No matter what side you support, the ramifications are enormous.

• @Baron-Silas-Greenback said in US Politics:

@Frank It is actually terrible that the US spy agencies wire tapped a U.S. citizen, with no legal basis, and then released to the media. That is horrific. No matter what side you support, the ramifications are enormous.

Because Fox News reported it it as so? Because that interviewee says so?
    The Russian ambassadors call was intercepted. Flynn was the other party. It wasn't leaked to the press, it was provided through the correct channels to the president. The leak came from within the White House. Trump said so via twitter.
    I don't know if this is some kind of tit for tat misinformation campaign to counter so called fake news but the blatant lies to the media are beyond spin now.

• @Baron-Silas-Greenback Didn't I read that the wiretap was on the Russian ambassador, not on Flynn? I'd have thought they'd at least attempt to tap every single communication with the Russians that they can, not just official ones.

Edit - sorry, Crucial was way ahead of me. Ignore me.

• the assertion that some in the intel community are gunning for Trump seems to be true though. They were publicly made an enemy of the administration and, in their eyes, had their importance demeaned. Some are now leaking to fight back.
    The recent allegations that Flynn wasn't the only Trumpee talking to the Russians has come directly from current and ex (I assume recently so) intel workers.

Looks like your connection to US Politics was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.